What is a Chapter?
A CKF chapter is a branch off of our non-profit that consists of a group of people striving to help cancer patients during their difficult fight for their lives. Whether it is a group of 6 people or 50, every chapter is significant and crucial to Cancer Kids First’s mission. A chapter can be a school club, a community group, or just among friends.
Understanding the difference between a chapter and a project is important. While both may aim towards achieving one goal with a group of people, chapters differ in the way that there is a commitment to maintaining a close relationship with the kids at your partner cancer hospital. Chapters are also expected to maintain good relationships with their partners to bring a larger-scale impact to the Cancer Kids First mission.
All About a CKF Chapter
Benefits of Starting a Chapter:
1. Help ease the difficult childhoods of pediatric cancer patients
2. Gain the opportunity to hold a leadership position and manage a team
3. Improve leadership, organizational, and communication skills
4. Meet new people
5. Earn numerous hours of service
Setting up Your Chapter:
1. Register your Cancer Kids First chapter
2. Interview with our founder and secretary
3. Register your chapter with your school/introduce the idea to them BEFORE you submit an application with CKF (step for School chapters only)
4. Appoint your chapter's officers
5. Organize all forms needed to maintain this chapter (make sure you know when your budget form needs to be sent each year)
6. Plan out goals your chapter will carry out
7. Draft out event/fundraiser ideas
8. Recruit members
Promoting Your Chapter:
1. Create flyers to pass out
2. Ask friends to spread the word through socials
3. Advertise in your school newsletter, news show, magazine, or other available forms of communication
4. If your school has a club fair in the beginning of the year introducing all the clubs to the students at your school, have your chapter participate there!
5. Create incentives that encourage people to join
Ready to Get Started?
View our Chapter Starter Guide that will be essential in creating a successful CKF chapter:
Register your chapter through this form: